Saturday 21 April 2018

A box for a snow globe

Hello and welcome!

It seems as if everyone loves unicorns – so who could resist this sweet little snow globe?  I couldn’t, so of course I had to get it when I spotted it.
Once I’d brought it home, I decided that it would make a lovely gift for a friend of mine who just adores unicorns – so I made a box for it.
To make sure the box was the right size, I measured the height of the snow globe and across the widest point of the base.  It was 2 ¾ inches high and 2 inches across.  

Then I did some calculations to work out how much paper I needed.

The box needed a base,(2") sides (2 3/4") and a lid (2") - that adds up to 6 3/4"


My box needs four sides that are 2" and 1/2 " to join the edges together, so that adds  up to 8 1/2"


So I need a piece of paper or card that's 6 3/4 " by 8 1/2". Simples!

Here's the tutorial about how to put it together - 


Don't you think that, by putting the gift in a little box, it seems more impressive somehow?  I hope my friend likes it - what do you think?

Keep crafting

Keren



Product List

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.