Tuesday 20 January 2015

It's the little things...

 Hello bloggers, thank you for visiting!  Today I'm sharing this dinky little card -

It measures just 3 3/4 inches square, and when you open it up, there's a surprise pop -up inside -


Here it is in action  -

I thought hard about how to get the balloons in just the right place without needing to score the card first (which would show up once the stamping was done) and I hope you'll find my solution useful.  You can download the instructions here.

My YouTube video shows how I made it...and thereby hangs a tale, because you just wouldn't believe how many takes that video needed - some of it was down to me (like when I put my hand into the Early Espresso ink and then casually brushed against the all-but-finished card) and some of it was due to technical difficulties - like the anti-flicker software on the webcam  turning off for no apparent reason.  By the time I finished it I was in a right old state, I can tell you!

A couple of things I didn't cover in the video - the background stamp on the front of the card is from one of the Sale-A-Bration sets (Best Day Ever) which co-ordinates with the Best Year Ever papers.  And after I was down, I thought the inside looked a bit bare, so I added some strips of the Best Day Ever paper.

Anyway, thank you for visiting - hope to see you soon!

Crafty hugs,

Keren
Built for Free Using: My Stampin Blog

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments! Thanks for taking the time to leave one.